The Patent Specialist assists attorney in preparing patent applications, performing patent and literature searches and drafting specifications and claims. Responsibilities include:
- Investigating and developing an understanding of the clients’ technology by reviewing technical documentation and consulting with internal subject matter experts.
- Searching for examples of patents on or prior use of similar and/or related technology
- Identifying differences between the clients’ technology and identified patent claims or and prior use
- Preparing written summaries of analyses
- Drafting patent applications and analyzing patent examination documents
- Working on patent litigation, as necessary.
B.S. degree or equivalent in mechanical or aerospace engineering and Master’s in law required.
- Excellent writing and research abilities are a must, as well as proficiency in written and verbal communication, and strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, excellent attention to detail to conduct research and write clear, detailed documents.
- 10-year prior experience in the legal environment and familiarity with patents. Familiarity with international PCT applications is required.
- A high degree of familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within mechanical or aerospace engineering and related fields
Full-time position, salary up to $10,000 with fringe benefits including paid holidays, health insurance, etc.